Monday 18 February 2013

new 5th draft


KICK OFF!
Ep.1 Ser.1 – Jamie.
(Int. JAMIE arrives at football training in his Mercedes. Jamie is a Caucasian 24 year old male, with a Rolex watch and diamond ear studs. He is wearing a custom made Gucci suit, carrying a professional briefcase, steps out and walks towards the ground, walking past dozens of less expensive and less flash cars)

SCENE 1
(Jamie is the last person to arrive at the meeting room; everyone stares for a while, as Jamie looks troubled)
Jamie
Alright lads?

(Huge cheer and all team surround him)
(Jamie appears caught off guard, and does not know what is occurring)

(BARRY rises through out the crowd of suit-wearing team, with an expression of surprise. Barry Is singled out from the team as he is the only one in the football strip, and rushes over to jamie as he is his closest companion)

Barry
(Whilst thrusting and grinding)
Congratulations mate! I see you have finally got on the score sheet!
(All team sport a cheeky cheer)

All Team
WHHEEEERRYYYYYYYY!!!!

Jamie
Get Lost!
(still looking troubled, shrugs off his jacket and walks towards the bar)
(They all crowd around Jamie)

(TERRY, is the recently transferred legend at the football club, due to recent troubles within the squad he had to moved from the team. He holds a vengeful grudge and because of his compelling stature and chiselled goatee, he overpowers the nature of the team.)


Terry
Oi Oi! Whats with the boat race, I thought you’d be up in adams cause yer avin a little chavvy!
(Jamie draws a nickel plated .44 magnum handgun from his waist, fires towards the camera – back into the crowd of players. When the shot fires, the screen shoots to black, and a thud from the sound of a body droping to the floor, Ext.)

SCENE 2
(Int. Camera pans from meeting room to changing room, all the team are mocking Jamie)

Terry
I’m surprised you actually had it in ya!


Jamie
Oh thanks/

Terry
Is what you should have said to her!

All Team
WEEEEHHHHEEEEEEYYYY!!!
(Manager enters and everybody retreats to their stations, a hushed tone is ensued)

(MIKE, the team manager, is a middle aged rotund bearded Caucasian male, whom has a joyous outlook on life and is serious when it comes to football. Usually found in sruffed suits and training gear.)

Mike
ALRIGHT LADS, settle down now, we’ve got a lot of work to do today, and we can’t have this foolishness getting in the way…now (continues rambling)
(Whilst mike is talking, Nick leans over to Jamie and begins to whisper something)

(NICK, is the recent addition to the squad, moving from REAL BETIS, his real name is, Nichail Todorov (SERBIAN), and has a cunning plot against the protagonist, Jamie. He has a scar that strikes through his right eye, and has multiple tribal tattoo’s around his body)

Nick
You got it?

Jamie
(looking down, suspicious) No, I told you not yet, I’m doing my best.

Nick
I told you three days, it’s been four

Jamie
I can’t give you something I haven’t got

Nick
(begins to get closer to Jamie’s face, and intimidates him extremely)
Then you shouldn’t borrow something you can’t pay back. Now you know where you can get it, you know where to drop it off, and you know when to do it, so I suggest you do it tonight, or for every day your late, I’ll take a finger from your mother’s hand, if I run out fingers I’ll take toes, and if I run out of toes I can/

Mike
OI! Are you listening or what?

Nick
(only nicks attention is directed at Mike, but he still can talk to Jamie)
Say you’re sorry

Jamie
Sorry Boss

Mike
(To Jamie) you. Outside. Now.
(Camera pans to the corridor, and finds Mike and Jamie discussing)
Mike
What the fuck was all that ab
out in there? You looked as white as a shite.

Jamie
I know boss, it’s just that.../

Mike
I mean, I know you’re not the kind of sort to say boo to a goose, but Jesus lad, it looks like the goose has crawled up your backside and stayed there!

Jamie
If you’ll just let me explain gaffer

Mike
Go on then son, I’m all ears

Jamie
Well you see, I have this predicament, and if I’m not out of it anytime soon then I’m done here. I’m done in this club, the career, the country, just I have to get out of it/

Mike
Whoa! Whoa! lad calm down, tell me what’s happened.

Jamie
I can’t boss, I just can’t

Mike
If that Nick fella is giving you any grief, just let me know son and he’s out, you came through the academy anyways and he’s only on loan from Real Betis or whatever the fuck you wanna call ‘em

Jamie
No, it’s not, I mean, it wasn’t, just, can I miss today sir? I promise I’ll put 200 in tomorrow?



Mike
Go on lad get out of here, make sure you’re alright, in fact have the week off, I’ll see at the game on Saturday

Jamie
Cheers Boss
(Jamie runs down the corridor and slams through the fire exit doors, one door falls closed, sound of American tyres screeching; close up of Mike, showing a face of disappointment)
Shot from inside changing room, all players are conversing except Nick, who awaits the door.
The door opens and in walks mike
(Mike walks slowly to middle of the room, whilst he and nick exchange dirty looks, a short silence follows)

Mike
(In a disheartened tone) alright lads, let’s get out there.
Ext.

SCENE 3
(Int. Still shot of Jamie’s house, re car drives past, panning the camera shot into the front room)
(Alex; a 22 year old woman who is Jamie girlfriend, is asleep in the living room, covered in an array of trash on the sofa)

Jamie
Right, up

Alex
(jumping up and bouncy)
What baby? Ooh you were good last night!

Jamie
We got a fucking issue on our hands

Alex
(hands on approach to Jamie)
Oooh I love it when you’re angry!

Jamie
Just shut the fuck up alright! I need some space, go clean something, or have sex with something, (increasingly getting agitated) or better yet just FUCK OFF.

Alex
Fine, I might just go to my mums today or I might go for a swim I’m not sure, what’s your mum doing today baaaabe?

Jamie
Its fuck all to do with you, now just leave me alone.

Alex
Oh. Well is this about me telling the team that I’m pregnant?

Jamie
(slowly looks round to Alex in a dumbfounded expression)
Wha, you did what?

Alex
Yeah, Nick came round earlier, looking for you, so I said you went out already

Jamie
What happened then?

Alex
He just left

Jamie
Hang on; why you would tell him you’re pregnant

Alex
Cause I am? Stoopid.

Jamie
And you told the whole team?

Alex
Yeah why?

Jamie
Who else have you got to tell?

Alex
Well your mum when I next see her (mutters to self) erm my parents and family (mutters again) you when you get back from training, your brothers, my boss/

Jamie
Wait what was that middle one?

Alex
(Realising what she’s done and begins to slow speech down)
You when you get back from training…

Jamie
Yeah.
Alex
I’m so sorry! I was gonna wait till y’/

Jamie
So the whole team new, before I did?

Alex
Well yeah bu/

Jamie
Including nick?

Alex
Obviously but you gotta realize that/

Jamie
The very same fucking bastard who has kidnapped my fucking mother?!
And he was here today?! Right we’re gone, get a bag, we’re off.

Alex
He’s do’..? wha? (begins to overreact and play on the melodrama of the situation) oh my god oh my god oh my god!

Jamie
Be quiet for fucks sake, just get in the car.

Alex
But where will we go?

Jamie
Leave that to me.
                          (Shot to Black)           

SCENE 4
(pan of a golden seaside, with a long shot of Jamie and alex walking away from the camera in an intimate posture.
Alex stops and looks out on to the horizon, Jamie compels her to carry on, but she rejects)

Jamie
Come on, we’ve got to keep walking.

Alex
But, can we not see where that would take us?

Jamie
How would we get there?

Alex
Dunno

Jamie
Well its ridiculous, come on, weve not got much time

Alex
Okay, your right...again (with subtle anger)

Jamie
Look im sorry, but I got us into this mess, please don’t stop me from trying to get us out?

Alex
I suppose (happy again) Where are we going?

Jamie
Ill figure that out later..

(fade out)

No comments:

Post a Comment